Farewell, GWUOHS Seniors!

Ashley H., Contributor

It’s that time of year again, readers. The end of the school year is bearing down upon us, and after this month, the Yawp will go into hibernation until the fall. However, let’s not dwell on that. For though the 2016-2017 school year is ending, for 34 students, this is just the calm before the storm.
Fresh from the pages of the yearbook, from Chloe Adams to Alamira Zaydan, meet the Class of 2017!
GWUOHS seniors have earned a total of more than $2,500,000 in scholarships, with some attending school in the fall all over the U.S. and Canada, and others taking a gap year. Here’s what a few seniors have to say about their plans after high school.
Chloe Adams: “In college I plan to major in Health Sciences with a pre-professional emphasis. My end goal would be to become a Physician Assistant.”
Annabel Annunziata: “I plan to study Marketing. I want to have my own businesses.”
Rachel Butler: “I plan to study Business Intelligence and Analytics at Saint Joseph’s University in Philadelphia. I would like to have a career in the statistics and business fields.”
Caroline Eastman: “I plan to study Business Administration with a concentration in Marketing at the USC Marshall School of Business. Post-graduation, I hope to get a job at a fashion brand and work on the
marketing side of things. Ultimately I want to promote diversity and a positive body image through fashion marketing by hiring models of various ethnicities, shapes, and sizes.” Samuel Faulkner: “In the fall, I will be attending the University of Michigan as a BFA Musical Theatre major. Beyond that, I plan to pursue a life and career as an actor, singer, and dancer. Go Blue!”
Julia Fennell: “I want to double major in Public Policy and Criminal Justice, with a minor in Politics. I hope to work at the ACLU after graduation. Eventually, I want to serve as a U.S. Senator from New York. Throughout my career, I intend to focus on progressive causes, including reproductive rights, gun control, and public education on criminal justice reform.”
Mark Foisey, Jr.: I want to be a Real Estate Developer. I am going to school for Finance and Marketing.”
Ashley Hum: “I am going to study Criminal Justice at Rochester Institute of Technology and enter the Air Force through the ROTC program. I aspire to a career in the Air Force Office of Special Investigations.”
Freedom James: “I want to study medicine. I’m not sure of what I would like to specialize in but I will choose something I like when I begin studying.
Eric Levanti: “I would like to
be a lawyer. I will study business in college.”
Steven Matano: “I want to study game design and become a video game designer.”
Nathan Shifflett: “My life’s goal is to write comic books.” Kathryn Wolfe: “Next year I plan to continue my journey as a Disney Cast member and help make magical memories for families at the Happiest Place on Earth!”
As the end of the year draws upon us, GWUOHS seniors are setting their sights on the world beyond our virtual school walls, ready to go on to do great and ambitious things. To the seniors, best of luck in all your future endeavors! To all students, whether or not you’re a senior, I urge you to remember and say to yourself, in the words of William Ernest Henley, “I am the master of my fate, / I am the captain of my soul.”
Correction for the picture: “Stolessnn” should be “Stoleson”, sorry Tim!

Farewell, GWUOHS Seniors!